- Gyrocopter Pilot Driving Home
- Developing: Police Respond to Shots Fired
- Indpendent Film Festival Underway
- Comcast, TWC Merger in Trouble
- Gardening Season Has Arrived
- Hearing for CR Budget Petition
- IA Students Send Lawmakers a Message
- IA Man Threatens Woman with Knife
- 18 Bills Signed into Law
- Disaster Emergency Declared for Clinton Co.
- Hot Lotto Suspect Contests Extradition
- "King of Clubs" Killed in Iraq
- IA Farmers on Alert for Bird Flu
- Rayhons Trial: Roommate Testifies
- Name Released in Train vs. Truck Accident
- UPDATE: Stolen Van Recovered
- Distracted Driving Causes Crash
- A Final Salute for the "Urbana 5"
- I380 N Backed up at I80
- UPDATE: Two Hurt in Police Chase/Crash
- Elder Home Operators Convicted of Neglect
- Stories Etched on Hands
- Casino Fined For Admitting Gambler
- Top Kitchen Contaminators
- Police Arrest Woman Posing as Dentist
- POLL: Most Iowans Support Background Checks
- Kentucky Gay Marriage Ruling on Hold
- No Injuries in Heartland Co-op Fire
- Bush Calls on Sen. to Confirm Lynch
- Time Fitting the Crime
- CR Becoming Convention Hot Spot
- Created in the Corridor: TelePharm
- Newport Road Reading Approved
- JOCO Crisis Center Looking for Volunteers
- Des Moines Appeals Traffic Cam Order
- Two People Face Theft, Drug Charges
- ImOn Surveying IC Neighboorhoods
- CBJ Report: April 16th
- Police: Woman Charged with False Reporting
- IA Google Center Could Expand
- Video Shows Boys & Girls Clubs Theft
- Millers Find Freedom Fest Medallion
- NYC Mayor Speaks at Drake University
- High School E-Cig Use Rising
- IA Lawmaker Trial: DNA Found on Linens
- Man Accused of Stealing Police Bike
- 2 Your Finances
- The Wild Hogs Band
- Federal Raid Nabs Iowa Fugitives
- Gyrocopter Flew 'Under the Radar'
Honoring 60 Years of Work in Johnson Co.
Updated: Friday, May 31 2013, 09:57 AM CDT
IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) -- It's Betty Sass Day in Johnson County, as officials celebrate the deputy treasurer's 60 years of work for the county.
Sass began work in June 1953 as a clerk in the county's motor vehicle department. She was appointed deputy treasurer in 1975 and has held that position ever since.
The Johnson County Board of Supervisors' declaration of Friday as Betty Sass Day coincides with her 80th birthday.
She plans to retire her full-time job at the end of the fiscal year on June 30, but Treasurer Tom Kirz says she'll likely be called on to work during tax season.
Sass says she's always enjoyed her job and her colleagues, saying "we all have fun while we work."
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.