- Sanders Build to Go to Distance?
- Hayden Reflects on ANF Movement
- Sanders Visits Iowa Labor Day Weekend
- Donor, Recipient Meet for First Time
- Real Men Can Braid
- Car Chase Ends at Waterloo PD
- Harreld will not Seek Tenured Professorship
- Team Completes 5,200 Mile Canoe Journey
- New President speaks to Football Team
- DBQ Murder Victim Church Secretary
- UICCU adds Unique Employee Benefit
- A Third of Workers Identify as Free Agents
- The McProblems are McReal
- New Voting Machines after Ballot Surge
- Johnsonville Sausage Recall
- Jimmy Jack's Named Best BBQ Joint
- Kraft Singles Recall Grows
- Low-Wage Workers Experience Wage Theft
- U.S. Unemployment Dips to 5.1%
- Marriage Licenses Issued in Morehead
- EASTERN IOWA OT: Week 2 Scores
- Biden on Running: "I Just Don't Know"
- Man Dies After Jump from CR Bridge
- Mixed Emotions about New UI President
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate Bobby Jindal talks everything from Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis to Birthright Citizenship and religious freedom.
- Online Pilot Schools Get Extension
- CBJ Report: September 3rd
- Holiday Travel Reminders
- Iranian Hostage Reflects
- UI Student Heads to Int'l Judo Competition
- Harreld Next President of UI
- School Bus Crash Injures Moped Rider
- Murder Trial Delayed
- Connolly Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison
- Economic Impact of Iowa Football
- NL Celebrates Penn Meadows Pavilion
- Fmr. Clinton Aide to Plead 5th
- JoCo Minimum Wage Passes 2nd Vote
- Judge Lifts Tom Brady's Suspension
- Sen. Grassley Requests Ellingson Update
- IA Underperforms Nation in Economic Growth
- Rough SAT Results for 2015 Class
- Low Numbers Expected at Kinnick
- Marion Discusses Fitness Trackers
- Public Session for Marion Library Project
- Shark Stranded On Maine Beach
- RNC Seeks to Rule Out Third-Party Runs
- Scott Walker Ad Campaign to Begin in Iowa
- UFO Spotted Actually Navy Technology
- After Dark Farmers' Market Exceeds Expectations
Governor Issues Disaster Proclamation
Updated: Wednesday, May 29 2013, 07:40 AM CDT
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) --
Gov. Terry Branstad has issued a disaster proclamation for 13 Iowa counties due to recent storms and flooding.
Branstad made the proclamation Tuesday. Counties covered are: Buena Vista, Butler, Cherokee, Floyd, Ida, Iowa, Jasper, Mahaska, Marshall, Plymouth, Sioux, Tama and Wright.
State resources will be deployed to these counties to help recover from the storms. Assistance will include help with removing debris and wreckage.
Low-income households in these counties can apply for grants to help cover the cost of home repairs or other expenses.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.