- Uptown Marion Celebrates Shopping Small
- Festival of Trees Kicks Off
- Families Enjoy Breakfast with Santa
- Trump Attacks Rubio, Bush in FL
- Window Wonderland Kicks Off
- Pipeline Brings Protesters to CR
- Shiffrin Crushes Field, Breaks Record
- Deputies Rescue Newborn in Calif.
- Mich. State Will Play Iowa for Title
- Alabama Claims SEC West
- New Information in Colo. Shooting
- Coralville Prepares for Festival of Trees
- Hawkeye Fans Cheer on Undefeated Team
- UPDATE: Officer Killed in CO Shooting
- Gay Marriage on Tribal Lands
- Hawkeyes Clinch Undefeated Season
- Brucemore Kicks off Holiday Tours
- IA Man Seriously Injured after Shooting
- Smoking Causes Early Morning Fire
- Waterloo Woman Robs Cellphone Store
- Target Fire Interrupts Holiday Shopping
- JK Rowling Opens up about Snape
- Accused Teacher Resigns
- Grant Helps Historic IC Home
- White House Fence Jumper Arrested
- Golden Girls Granny Panties a Hit
- Shoppers Start Early on Thanksgiving
- Runners Celebrate Turkey Trot
- UI and "The Big Bang Theory"
- Hot Holiday Tech
- Delivering Thanksgiving
- Man Charged with Early Morning Fire
- Man Arrested in IC Thefts
- Pope Speaks Out For Climate Talks
- Judge: Throw out Medicaid Contract
- Cameron: UK Must Attack IS in Syria
- Drunken Boating Arrests Down in MO
- Britain: No Military Action against Assad
- Therapy Horse Found
- Tight Security at Thanksgiving Day Parade
- LIST: Restaurants Open on Thanksgiving
- Man Sends Doughnuts to Cops
- Sheriff's Sign Stirs Controversy
- 93% of Damaged Baltimore Businesses Reopen
- Driver Arrested after car ends up on roof
- Local Drive Addresses Veteran Homelessness
- Staying Safe this Holiday Season
- Thanksgiving Meal Feeds 400
- Food for Pets on Thanksgiving
- Election Winner Refuses Seat
Gas Prices Ease Slightly in Iowa
Updated: Tuesday, May 28 2013, 08:45 AM CDT
CEDAR RAPIDS (CBS 2/FOX 28) - Iowans caught a bit of a break at the pump last week as prices fell from record recent highs.
The average price at the pump fell nearly nine and a half cents per gallon last week to an average of $3.93/gallon Monday according to GasBuddy's daily survey.
That's far more than the national average which saw a drop of a little more than two-cents a gallon.
Still, prices are 49.3 cents a gallon higher than the same day a year ago, and 54 cents a gallon higher that a month ago.
Experts say the price generally falls after the Memorial Day week-end and there may be a little more relief during the month of June.