- Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Tuna
- Grand Jury Indictments in Gray Case
- First Interview with Attorney General
- Flavor Flav Arrested in Vegas
- County, State Fairs Call Off Bird Events
- Safety Break on Interstate 380
- Johnson Co. Emergency Services Building
- Discussing Rooftop Dining in IC
- Holiday BBQ On A Budget
- CBJ Report: May 21st
- Hope Blooms at Kennedy High School
- Universities Join Together to Collect Debt
- Suspect in Mansion Murder Named
- BSA Leader Calls for Repeal of Ban
- ConAgra Expanding Waterloo Plant
- Huckabee Skipping Straw Poll
- Bin Laden Love Letters?
- Bacon Prices Falling
- House Passes Fireworks Bill
- Appeal in CR Gun Smuggling Case
- After Dave, What's Next for Late Night?
- Crowded Stage Expected for GOP Debates
- Police Officer Killed in Omaha
- Oil Spill Continues to Spread
- Lawmakers Spar over Education Funding
- RAGBRAI Volunteers Needed in Hiawatha
- Healthcare Experts Discourage Co-Sleeping
- Teen Faces Felony Charges for Stabbing
- CFRD Fight Fire at Paper Mill
- Looking Back at a Late Night Legend
- SPECIAL REPORT: Hope for Maggie
- Building Change to Improve Downtown IC
- CRCSD, Mercy Launch Online Health Record
- Rep. Blum Intends to Keep Campaign Promise
- Auto Recall Will Take 'Years' to Fix
- 2 More Farms Positive for Bird Flu
- Chelsea Man Killed in Crash
- Appeals Court Upholds Murder Conviction
- DEA Conducts Record Heroin Bust
- Secret Space Rocket Launches
- DA Joining Oil Spill Investigation
- Trump Talks Straw Poll
- House Proposes New School Funding Increase
- Chauncey Hearing Extended to June
- Man Rescued from Corn Bin
- Inside The Storm: Parkersburg Tornado
- Linn County Helps with Bird Disposal
- Working to Reduce Crime
- Iowa Ranks Low for Women-Owned Business
- The Bird Flu Fallout
Former Iowa Teacher Going to Prison for Sexual Exploitation
Updated: Friday, May 31 2013, 05:35 PM CDT
BLOOMFIELD, Iowa (AP) --
A former teacher convicted of sexual exploitation of a student has been sentenced to prison for five years.
Ryan Grinstead, who was a math teacher at Davis County High School in Bloomfield, entered an agreement Wednesday to plead guilty to two counts of sexual exploitation of a student. He also was initially charged with lascivious conduct with a minor and third-degree sexual abuse.
The Ottumwa Courier reports (http://bit.ly/16vAo44 ) police allege Grinstead engaged in sex with a high school senior in 2009 while employed as a teacher. Another incident involving a younger girl occurred in 2008.
Grinstead, who is 26, was arrested in September 2011.
His sentence requires him to register as a sex offender and orders no contact with the victims at least until May 2018.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.