- Cedar Falls Police Open Drug Drop-Off
- HSFB: Rain, Rain, and More Rain
- Soul Food: Hot Commodity at Iowa Soul Fest
- 10 Years Later: Remembering Katrina
- Voices of Diversity: 2015 Iowa Soul Fest
- ICPD Looking for Theft Victims
- Man Dies in Grain Bin Accident
- Preventing Sports Injuries
- No Appeal in Telemedicine Abortion Ruling
- Coral Ridge Mall Shooting Trial Moved
- Review Of Iowa's Criminal Justice Practices
- Remembering Armstrong's 'Family Ties'
- Review Finds Coach Pressured Players
- Group Agrees Memorial Endorses Religion
- Anti Catcalling Campaign at UI
- MidAmerican Building Wind Farms
- 2015 Iowa Soul Festival
- Casey Audit Finds Missing Funds
- Trump "Settles Hair Issue"
- Farmers' Market: After Dark
- CRPD Working on License Plate Reader Policy
- CenturyLink Expanding Rural Broadband
- Power Co-Op to Add Solar Panels to State
- CBJ Report: August 27th
- TX Company To Pay Back Iowa Residents
- Minimum Wage Plan Clears 1st Hurdle
- Karen Fuller Joins CBS2 & FOX28 As Anchor
- Clinton Draws Controversial Parallels
- Medicaid Bidding Criticism
- Hops Farm Begins Supplying Craft Brewers
- Audit Reveals Misspent Money
- CR Chase Supect Not Located
- Hayden Fry Honored with Proclamation
- DSM Officer Not Indicted
- Iowa City Least-Stressed U.S. City
- Study Finds Peak Times for College Drug Use
- UI Names 2nd Finalist for President
- Wal-Mart Ending Assault-Style Weapon Sales
- Fire Forces Evacuation of CR Apartment
- General Mills Recalls Green Beans
- Hoover Trail Extension Meeting
- Cedar Ridge Celebrates 10 Years
- Going to the Dogs
- Trump Happy He Kicked Reporter Out
- UPDATE: KGAN Returns to Dish
- Coping with Tragedy at Work
- Digital Drivers License App Tested
- Mount Mercy Univ. Sees Record Enrollment
- Time Capsule to Remain Sealed
- Iowa City Tastes Local Restaurants
Former Iowa Teacher Going to Prison for Sexual Exploitation
Updated: Friday, May 31 2013, 05:35 PM CDT
BLOOMFIELD, Iowa (AP) --
A former teacher convicted of sexual exploitation of a student has been sentenced to prison for five years.
Ryan Grinstead, who was a math teacher at Davis County High School in Bloomfield, entered an agreement Wednesday to plead guilty to two counts of sexual exploitation of a student. He also was initially charged with lascivious conduct with a minor and third-degree sexual abuse.
The Ottumwa Courier reports (http://bit.ly/16vAo44 ) police allege Grinstead engaged in sex with a high school senior in 2009 while employed as a teacher. Another incident involving a younger girl occurred in 2008.
Grinstead, who is 26, was arrested in September 2011.
His sentence requires him to register as a sex offender and orders no contact with the victims at least until May 2018.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.