- Docs Indicate Murder a Random Act
- One Arrested for Marion Robbery
- Splash Pads to Remain Open Longer
- Voices of Diversity: Her Lost Year
- Marion PD Investigating Shots Fired
- Labor Day's a Payday at the Pump
- Police Make Massive 'Bizarro' Drug Bust
- New President Announcement Thursday
- UI Venture School Returns
- Connolly Sentenced Thursday
- A New Ferentz
- Next Navy Submarine Named USS Iowa?
- Second Reading for Rooftop Ordinance Ok'd
- Obama Secures Votes to Protect Iran Deal
- Hearings Start for Baltimore Officers
- Santorum First to All 99 Counties
- Name Released in Train Death
- VP Biden to Appear on New Late Show
- Attacks on Android Devices Rising
- UPDATE: Arrest Made In DBQ Death
- How old is your heart?
- KY Clerk Still Refusing Marriage Licenses
- Layoffs at John Deere
- CR Making Changes in ADA Settlement
- Highland CSD Faces Technology Problems
- Linn Co., Hobart Close on Mott Bldg.
- McDonald's To Serve All-Day Breakfast
- Got History? The History Center Needs You!
- Library Levy on November Ballot
- Photos Show Disappearing Coastline
- Cross Country Course Opens
- Hospital Cost Balloons
- Doldrums Ahead for Midwest Economy
- Vineyard Stabbing
- Sex Offender Says Charge is Political
- Iowans Held Without Bail
- "Whopslam" Coming Soon?
- Companies Claim Flawed Medicaid Bidding
- Pope Changes Rules on Abortion
- Fairfax Home Damaged in Early Morning Fire
- KY Clerk Won't Issue Gay Marriage Licenses
- HIV Transmission Suspects Enters Plea
- Sen. Baldwin Stumps For Clinton In Iowa
- Perry to Keep One Staffer in Iowa
- Alleged UI Athletics Gender Bias
- CR Schools Focus on Mental Health
- IDPH: Mosquitoes Still a Threat
- 3rd Sexual Assault Reported at UI
- IC Transient Faces Robbery Charge
- Cop-Killer had Previous Mental Evaluation
Floodwaters Strand Couple
Updated: Tuesday, May 28 2013, 10:29 AM CDT
LE MARS, Iowa (AP) -- A northwest Iowa couple have been rescued from their home after it was surrounded by rising floodwater from a nearby creek.
Stephanie Luecke says she and her husband, Ray, had never seen Willow Creek rise so quickly near their home off Iowa Highway 3 on the northeast side of Le Mars. She says the water "surrounded us like an island."
Water was creeping up the front porch by the time rescue workers arrived at 12:30 p.m. Monday.
The Lueckes expect to spend three days at a nearby motel but don't know what they'll do next. Stephanie Luecke says she and her husband are wondering what they'd done "to deserve this."
Officials say Le Mars got nearly 4 1/4 inches of rain over the weekend.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.