- Change of Venue Discussed for Kozak
- CO Jury Moves on to Phase 3 in Sentencing
- Suspect Dead in Oakland Shooting
- Conditions Improve for Firefighters
- Delve Turns Art Into Fabric
- Branstad Touts Iowa STEM Education
- Park Service Shelves Blistering Report
- Sen. and Comedian Team Up on Gun Control
- Lotto Winner Reflects on Win
- Deputies Hurt During Arrest
- ROAD TRIPPIN': Downtown Mt. Pleasant
- Tornado Rips Through Southern IA
- VP Biden Still Considering 2016 Run
- Deadly Davenport Shooting
- Is it Time To Ban Trophy Hunting?
- Shots Fired at CR Home
- B-29 Bomber Puts on Performance
- Rummage in the Ramp Diverts Items
- Cedar Rapids Unveils Protected Bike Lanes
- 2nd American Suspected in Lion Hunt
- Memphis Officer Fatally Shot
- Church Explosions Under Investigation
- Some Say Iowa Politics Becoming Combative
- Carriage Glow Celebrated
- Fish-O-Rama Participants Cast a Line
- Dream Factory Chapter Opens
- Heart Walk Celebrated
- Back to School Supplies
- Iowan Raising Money for Nepal
- Penford Workers Reject Contract Offer
- Wildfire Claims Firefighter's Life
- Aircraft Part Arrives in France
- Inmates Moved to New Fort Madison Prison
- Crash Reported at Hawkeye Downs
- Sales Tax Holiday Set for Next Weekend
- Phone Scam Targets ISU Students
- Police Searching for Work Release Escapee
- Judge Dismisses DSM Speed Camera Lawsuit
- Paul: Planned Parenthood & Federal Funding
- Paul: Viral Campaigns
- Boys & Girls Battling Hunger
- Mission of Hope Closed Friday & Saturday
- Shooting Investigation Needs Cooperation
- IC Animal Center Prepares to Move
- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper Dead at 61
- Ground Broken for "The Depot"
- Police: Man Stole $20K From Domino's
- Community to "Take Back the Trails"
- Venomous Spider Found in School
- Ebola Vaccine "Highly Effective"
Family of Murder Suspect Seeks Privacy
Updated: Tuesday, July 16 2013, 07:52 PM CDT
MASON CITY, Iowa (AP) -- The family of a man charged in the 1994 killing of a 20-month-old boy has issued a statement expressing sympathy with the child's family and asking the media to respect its privacy.
The family of 37-year-old Michael Jason Cisneros issued the statement Tuesday.
Cisneros was charged with first-degree murder in the death of John Joseph Snyder Jr.
Cisneros' family expresses "our deepest and sincere sympathies" to Snyder's family.
The family says it's in shock about the arrest and asks reporters to not contact them. They ask that people allow "the justice system to run its course and render its judgment."
Cisneros is being held at the Cerro Gordo County Jail under $500,000 bond.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.