- Tiffin Raising Minimum Wage
- Rosa Parks Arrest, 60 Years Later
- Two Found Dead In Home
- Midwest Index Drops Again
- Levitating Cars Mystery Solved
- Pantries ask for Holiday Help
- Staying Secure While Cyber Shopping
- Racist Remark Found in UI Bathroom
- Cyber Monday Prepares for #GivingTuesday
- U.S. Scales Back Ethanol Quotas
- Man Accused of Attacking Deputy
- House Defends P. Parenthood Investigation
- New Wave of Gun Permit Renewals Looming
- Target's Website Goes Down
- CONSUMER ALERT: Dog Chew Recall
- Gov. Urges No Delay for Medicaid Change
- Voters Reject Hamburg's Olympic Bid
- First Freddie Gray Trial Now Underway
- World Leaders Discuss Climate Change
- Muslim Students Seek Prayer Space
- ROAD TRIPPIN': Walking Through History
- Deere Lays Off 220 Moline Workers
- Online Threat Cancels Class
- Ashley Hinson Running for Iowa House
- Remembering That One Special Gift
- IC Imam Condemns Terrorism
- Ted Cruz Stops in E. Iowa
- Conditions Mostly Positive for Holiday Travel
- Matt Campbell Named ISU Head Coach
- One Killed in Homicide on DM's Court Ave
- Uptown Marion Celebrates Shopping Small
- Festival of Trees Kicks Off
- Families Enjoy Breakfast with Santa
- Trump Attacks Rubio, Bush in FL
- Window Wonderland Kicks Off
- Pipeline Brings Protesters to CR
- Shiffrin Crushes Field, Breaks Record
- Deputies Rescue Newborn in Calif.
- Mich. State Will Play Iowa for Title
- Alabama Claims SEC West
- New Information in Colo. Shooting
- Coralville Prepares for Festival of Trees
- Hawkeye Fans Cheer on Undefeated Team
- UPDATE: Officer Killed in CO Shooting
- Gay Marriage on Tribal Lands
- Hawkeyes Clinch Undefeated Season
- Brucemore Kicks off Holiday Tours
- IA Man Seriously Injured after Shooting
- Smoking Causes Early Morning Fire
- Waterloo Woman Robs Cellphone Store
Family of Murder Suspect Seeks Privacy
Updated: Tuesday, July 16 2013, 07:52 PM CDT
MASON CITY, Iowa (AP) -- The family of a man charged in the 1994 killing of a 20-month-old boy has issued a statement expressing sympathy with the child's family and asking the media to respect its privacy.
The family of 37-year-old Michael Jason Cisneros issued the statement Tuesday.
Cisneros was charged with first-degree murder in the death of John Joseph Snyder Jr.
Cisneros' family expresses "our deepest and sincere sympathies" to Snyder's family.
The family says it's in shock about the arrest and asks reporters to not contact them. They ask that people allow "the justice system to run its course and render its judgment."
Cisneros is being held at the Cerro Gordo County Jail under $500,000 bond.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.