- Iowa Poll: Sanders Closing in on Clinton
- CRPD Investigating Early Morning Shooting
- ICPD Investigating Downtown Robbery
- Cedar Falls Police Open Drug Drop-Off
- HSFB: Rain, Rain, and More Rain
- Soul Food: Hot Commodity at Iowa Soul Fest
- 10 Years Later: Remembering Katrina
- Voices of Diversity: 2015 Iowa Soul Fest
- ICPD Looking for Theft Victims
- Man Dies in Grain Bin Accident
- Preventing Sports Injuries
- No Appeal in Telemedicine Abortion Ruling
- Coral Ridge Mall Shooting Trial Moved
- Review Of Iowa's Criminal Justice Practices
- Remembering Armstrong's 'Family Ties'
- Review Finds Coach Pressured Players
- Group Agrees Memorial Endorses Religion
- Anti Catcalling Campaign at UI
- MidAmerican Building Wind Farms
- 2015 Iowa Soul Festival
- Casey Audit Finds Missing Funds
- Trump "Settles Hair Issue"
- Farmers' Market: After Dark
- CRPD Working on License Plate Reader Policy
- CenturyLink Expanding Rural Broadband
- Power Co-Op to Add Solar Panels to State
- CBJ Report: August 27th
- TX Company To Pay Back Iowa Residents
- Minimum Wage Plan Clears 1st Hurdle
- Karen Fuller Joins CBS2 & FOX28 As Anchor
- Clinton Draws Controversial Parallels
- Medicaid Bidding Criticism
- Hops Farm Begins Supplying Craft Brewers
- Audit Reveals Misspent Money
- CR Chase Supect Not Located
- Hayden Fry Honored with Proclamation
- DSM Officer Not Indicted
- Iowa City Least-Stressed U.S. City
- Study Finds Peak Times for College Drug Use
- UI Names 2nd Finalist for President
- Wal-Mart Ending Assault-Style Weapon Sales
- Fire Forces Evacuation of CR Apartment
- General Mills Recalls Green Beans
- Hoover Trail Extension Meeting
- Cedar Ridge Celebrates 10 Years
- Going to the Dogs
- Trump Happy He Kicked Reporter Out
- UPDATE: KGAN Returns to Dish
- Coping with Tragedy at Work
- Digital Drivers License App Tested
Ducklings Cause Crash in Waterloo
Updated: Monday, June 3 2013, 02:59 PM CDT
WATERLOO, IA (AP) --Waterloo police say a motorist attempting to avoid some ducklings plowed into a van and flipped his own vehicle.
The accident happened Saturday morning when 17-year-old Juan Bolanos, of Mankato, Minn., swerved to miss a group of ducklings on U.S. Highway 218.
Police say Bolanos' sport utility vehicle pushed a van into the cement median. The SUV then rolled, coming to rest on its roof.
Bolanos wasn't injured but one passenger, 44-year-old Teresa Mendiola-Zamora, of Mankato, was hospitalized for non-life-threatening injuries. Medics treated another passenger for an elbow injury.
The driver of the van, 27-year-old Amanda Steege, of Cedar Falls, was taken to a local hospital.
Police cited Bolanos for failure to maintain control of his vehicles.
The ducklings were gathered up and moved.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.