- Body Found in ISU Dorm
- Walk for Babies Held in CR
- Movie Night Coming to Kinnick
- BBB Issues Tips on Earthquake Donations
- Prison Problem
- Blairstown’s Greener Farming
- Protests Turn Violent in Baltimore
- Family of IA Man Relieved to Hear He's OK
- Scottie Pippen's Daughter Arrested In IC
- Music Lineup Set for IC Festival
- Inmate Dies At Iowa City Hospital
- Bird Flu Found at More Iowa Farms
- Burnt Lunch Causes Capitol Evacuation
- Toy Recall over Salmonella Fears
- UPDATE: Accused Killer in Court
- Waterloo Police Speak on Violence
- Loretta Lynch Confirmed as New AG
- Opening Statements in Holmes Trial
- Funeral Held for Freddie Gray
- Waterloo Teens Charged in Robbery
- Bird Flu Fallout: Compensation Debate
- 10th Big Magic Breakfast
- Strange Smell Diverts Plane
- Gas Prices Rise Again
- Iowan on Everest Says He's OK
- Canine Flu Fears Grow in Iowa
- Study Questions Salt's Health Impact
- UPDATE: Bomb Threat at ISU
- Is It Time To Legalize Fireworks?
- Juveniles Charged With Robberies
- UI Professor Will Make Map of Nepal Quake
- Family, Friends Mourn Death of Gray
- 1 Airlifted After Chase, Rollover on Hwy. 30
- Man Charged in Fatal Parking Lot Stabbing
- UPDATE: Death Toll Tops 2,500 in Nepal
- 4 Missing After Sailboats Capsize
- Volcano Threats Downgraded
- Starbucks Glitch Fixed
- Sen. Rand Paul Visits IA
- Red Cross Volunteers Install Life-Saving Gift
- Indiana College Student Found Dead
- RAW: First District House Rep. Rod Blum Talks about Rand Paul and Carly Fiorina
- RAW: Potential Presidential Candidate Scott Walker after his meet and greet in Cedar Rapids
- RAW: Presidential Candidate Rand Paul talks about fist-bumping Harry Reid, Hillary Clinton and Young Americans for Liberty
- Large Crowds Expected in Baltimore
- Little Free Libraries In Hiawatha
- Cedar Rapids Budget Appeal Rejected
- Rockwell Workers Relieve Stress With Yoga
- Deadly Crashes Dropping Among Teens
- RAW NEWS: Victim's Family Speaks
Ducklings Cause Crash in Waterloo
Updated: Monday, June 3 2013, 02:59 PM CDT
WATERLOO, IA (AP) --Waterloo police say a motorist attempting to avoid some ducklings plowed into a van and flipped his own vehicle.
The accident happened Saturday morning when 17-year-old Juan Bolanos, of Mankato, Minn., swerved to miss a group of ducklings on U.S. Highway 218.
Police say Bolanos' sport utility vehicle pushed a van into the cement median. The SUV then rolled, coming to rest on its roof.
Bolanos wasn't injured but one passenger, 44-year-old Teresa Mendiola-Zamora, of Mankato, was hospitalized for non-life-threatening injuries. Medics treated another passenger for an elbow injury.
The driver of the van, 27-year-old Amanda Steege, of Cedar Falls, was taken to a local hospital.
Police cited Bolanos for failure to maintain control of his vehicles.
The ducklings were gathered up and moved.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.