- School Program Teaches More Than Just Academics
- North Liberty Home Facing an End
- Growing Pains in Clear Creek Amana
- Mayor Will Comply With Traffic Cam Order
- Police Follow Junk Food Trail to Suspect
- Comedian Mick Foley Discusses Act
- UPDATE: One of Two Inmates Caught
- AMBER ALERT CANCELLED: Reed Day, Rheea Day
- Quarter Barrel Looking for Help
- UI/ISU Game on FOX 28
- Lawmakers Agree to $7 Bil. Budget
- Hoiberg Announcement Anticipated
- Clinton Schedules First Major Speech
- ATM Theft Arrest
- Men Allegedly Offer Children Rides Home
- Walker Leads GOP in Favorability
- More Bird Flu Concerns
- ROAD TRIPPIN': NAUVOO, IL
- Patriot Act Expires
- Common Recycling Mistake
- Your Favorite Family Trips
- Parade of Historic Homes Held in Iowa City
- Certain Plants Attract Monarch Butterflies
- Junkin' for a Cause Helps Families
- Lisbon Family Helps Texas Families
- Frankie House Needs Help
- Bob Schieffer Signs off at CBS News
- Hastert Resigns Posts After Indictment
- NSA Program to End at Midnight
- 10 Injured in NYC Construction Accident
- Kerry Injured in Bike Crash
- Bush Talks Obama Immigration Policy
- Lawsuit Filed over Cow Manure Mailing
- 1 Injured in Cedar Rapids Shooting
- Taste of Vinton Gives New Experience
- New Talk of Trail Extension
- Cereal Saturday Held at NewBo
- Dozens Turn out for Border Hop Fest
- Beau Biden Dies From Brain Cancer
- Boat Safety Reminders
- Man Killed by Fish
- Snow Could Linger in Boston Until July
- Texas Flooding Claims More Lives
- Kerry Joins Iran Talks
- Similar Message in a New Way for Dems
- Home Sales Increasing
- Martin O'Malley Enters 2016 Race
- CRMA Holds Fundraiser
- Standing up at Oak Ridge
- Why Thursday's Amber Alert was Delayed
Dubuque Bridge Opening Early?
Updated: Thursday, July 24 2014, 10:24 PM CDT
DUBUQUE, IA (AP) - Iowa transportation officials say repairs to the Julien Dubuque Bridge are ahead of schedule, and the span across the Mississippi River could reopen sooner than expected.
The bridge, which connects Dubuque, Iowa, and East Dubuque, Illinois, closed Monday and was scheduled to reopen July 31.
However, Iowa Department of Transportation engineer Hugh Holak says good weather and the threat of stiff penalties for missing a 10-day deadline have resulted in quick work by contractor PCiRoads, of St. Michael, Minnesota.
Holak says he hopes the bridge will open "a couple days early."
The bridge work includes replacing deck joints and sealing a barrier rail.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.