- Bush Plans CR Visit
- Cedar Rapids Death Investigation
- Restaurant Week to Kick Off
- Fine Arts Could Be Added to Iowa Core
- OTC Birth Control Debate
- Woman Arrested in Alleged Adoption Scam
- Keep Kids Safe From Lead-Based Paint
- Mumford and Sons Headline Wavery Festival
- Ebola Nurse Sues Hospital
- Frederiksen Trial Begins
- Covington Road Work Delayed
- Poll Shows Early Approval Ratings
- Possible Bill Would Make Gun Permits Confidential
- Waterloo Police Investigating Incidents
- Friends and Family Remember Emma
- Planning Your Escape From Winter
- Body Found In Creek that of Missing Woman
- Des Moines Police Investigate Death
- Girl Scout Wears Sash With Pride
- Gas Tax Here, But How Long Until Fixes
- Mix of Winter Weather Being Felt Across U.S.
- CRMA Brings Back Back Beaux Ball
- DHS to Stay Open for Next Week
- Arrest Made Following January Fire
- Driver Reaction To Gas Tax Increase
- Vinton Teen Dies After Being Shot
- Hyundai Recalls 263,000 Vehicles
- Bitter Cold Sets New Records
- 6 Displaced After Apartment Fire
- Iowa Town Says Goodbye To Mr. Spock
- Police Issue Operation Quickfind
- Popping Bottles To Promote IA Wine
- May's Island Garage Open Despite Construction
- Man Charged in Mobile Home Fire
- Melting Winter Weight for Spring
- Keeping Residents Informed about Changes
- Facebook Tackles Suicide Prevention
- New Ideas on The Pill
- Police Officer Cleared in Fatal Shooting
- Court Rejects Lawsuit Over Film Tax Credits
- Paulsen Calls Gas Tax "Difficult Decision"
- Man Known as Mr. Spock Dead at 83
- Janitor Accused of Stealing from Desks
- Watchdog Believes Lost IRS Emails Were Crime
- Man Arrested for Dynamite Threat
- Bill to Give Child Sex Abuse Victims More Time to Sue
- New Figures Temper 2014 Economic Growth
- UPDATE: Police Issue Warrant After Shooting
- Court Rules Tobacco Lawsuit Can Continue
- 173K Iowans Possibly Hit By Data Breach
Drake Relays High Jump Coming To Hy-Vee
Updated: Thursday, February 6 2014, 09:32 PM CST
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) -- Officials with the Drake Relays have announced plans to hold an exhibition high jump inside of a supermarket.
Meet officials say they've already lined up eight high jumpers for a competition to be held on April 21 at a Hy-Vee store in nearby Waukee, Iowa.
The women's event will feature recent Olympic silver medalist Brigetta Barrett, 2013 meet champion Ruth Beitia of Spain and American record-holder Chaunte Howard-Lowe.
Canadian Derek Drouin and American Erik Kynard will headline the men's field.
Hy-Vee is the presenting sponsor of the meet, which will run from April 24-26.
“Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.”