- Your Thoughts On Regular Joe As President
- Get Moving for Healthy Kids
- Residents Celebrate HWY 965 Reopening
- Onslow Fire Dept. Needs New Building
- 3rd UI Presidential Candidate Announced
- One Dead After Waterloo Shooting
- Florida Braces for Erika
- Arrest Made in TX Officer Slaying
- Cedar Rapids Explores First Farmer's Market After Dark
- Iowa Poll: Sanders Closing in on Clinton
- CRPD Investigating Early Morning Shooting
- ICPD Investigating Downtown Robbery
- Cedar Falls Police Open Drug Drop-Off
- HSFB: Rain, Rain, and More Rain
- Soul Food: Hot Commodity at Iowa Soul Fest
- 10 Years Later: Remembering Katrina
- Voices of Diversity: 2015 Iowa Soul Fest
- ICPD Looking for Theft Victims
- Man Dies in Grain Bin Accident
- Preventing Sports Injuries
- No Appeal in Telemedicine Abortion Ruling
- Coral Ridge Mall Shooting Trial Moved
- Review Of Iowa's Criminal Justice Practices
- Remembering Armstrong's 'Family Ties'
- Review Finds Coach Pressured Players
- Group Agrees Memorial Endorses Religion
- Anti Catcalling Campaign at UI
- MidAmerican Building Wind Farms
- 2015 Iowa Soul Festival
- Casey Audit Finds Missing Funds
- Trump "Settles Hair Issue"
- Farmers' Market: After Dark
- CRPD Working on License Plate Reader Policy
- CenturyLink Expanding Rural Broadband
- Power Co-Op to Add Solar Panels to State
- CBJ Report: August 27th
- TX Company To Pay Back Iowa Residents
- Minimum Wage Plan Clears 1st Hurdle
- Karen Fuller Joins CBS2 & FOX28 As Anchor
- Clinton Draws Controversial Parallels
- Medicaid Bidding Criticism
- Hops Farm Begins Supplying Craft Brewers
- Audit Reveals Misspent Money
- CR Chase Supect Not Located
- Hayden Fry Honored with Proclamation
- DSM Officer Not Indicted
- Iowa City Least-Stressed U.S. City
- Study Finds Peak Times for College Drug Use
- UI Names 2nd Finalist for President
- Wal-Mart Ending Assault-Style Weapon Sales
David Young Files in Race to Fill Harkin's Seat
Updated: Sunday, June 2 2013, 10:06 AM CDT
VAN METER (CBS 2/FOX 28) - The former Chief of Staff to Sen. Chuck Grassley filed papers Saturday to seek retiring Sen. Tom Harkin's seat.
David Young signed the paperwork Saturday to make a run for the US Senate.
Young finished his Statement of Candidacy Saturday afternoon at Fat Randi's Bar and Grill in Van Meter, where he grew up and graduated from Johnston High School.
Young says his experience as Grassley's Chief of Staff gives him more experience than others running to fill the retiring Democrat's seat.
"A lot of people who run for the Senate say they're going to do this that or the other," Young said in a statement. "It's not as easy as you think, but I can hit the ground running right away."
Grassley says of his former aide "After working for three different senators and working for me for seven years, I can say without a doubt that he would be qualified on day one to start out as a senator who knows exactly how to get things done."