- Water Quality Project At CR Park
- Man Sentenced For CR Bank Robberies
- Riots Continue in Baltimore
- CR Schools Funding Decisions
- Battling a Violent Trend
- IC Group Coordinating Nepal Relief
- CONSUMER ALERT: Ford Recalls 390,000 Cars
- Body Found in ISU Dorm
- NTSB Won't Reopen Buddy Holly Crash
- Walk for Babies Held in CR
- Movie Night Coming to Kinnick
- BBB Issues Tips on Earthquake Donations
- Prison Problem
- Blairstown’s Greener Farming
- Protests Turn Violent in Baltimore
- Family of IA Man Relieved to Hear He's OK
- Scottie Pippen's Daughter Arrested In IC
- Music Lineup Set for IC Festival
- Inmate Dies At Iowa City Hospital
- Bird Flu Found at More Iowa Farms
- Burnt Lunch Causes Capitol Evacuation
- Toy Recall over Salmonella Fears
- UPDATE: Accused Killer in Court
- Waterloo Police Speak on Violence
- Loretta Lynch Confirmed as New AG
- Opening Statements in Holmes Trial
- Funeral Held for Freddie Gray
- Waterloo Teens Charged in Robbery
- Bird Flu Fallout: Compensation Debate
- 10th Big Magic Breakfast
- Strange Smell Diverts Plane
- Gas Prices Rise Again
- Iowan on Everest Says He's OK
- Canine Flu Fears Grow in Iowa
- Study Questions Salt's Health Impact
- UPDATE: Bomb Threat at ISU
- Is It Time To Legalize Fireworks?
- Juveniles Charged With Robberies
- UI Professor Will Make Map of Nepal Quake
- Family, Friends Mourn Death of Gray
- 1 Airlifted After Chase, Rollover on Hwy. 30
- Man Charged in Fatal Parking Lot Stabbing
- UPDATE: Death Toll Tops 2,500 in Nepal
- 4 Missing After Sailboats Capsize
- Volcano Threats Downgraded
- Starbucks Glitch Fixed
- Sen. Rand Paul Visits IA
- Red Cross Volunteers Install Life-Saving Gift
- Indiana College Student Found Dead
- RAW: First District House Rep. Rod Blum Talks about Rand Paul and Carly Fiorina
David Young Files in Race to Fill Harkin's Seat
Updated: Sunday, June 2 2013, 10:06 AM CDT
VAN METER (CBS 2/FOX 28) - The former Chief of Staff to Sen. Chuck Grassley filed papers Saturday to seek retiring Sen. Tom Harkin's seat.
David Young signed the paperwork Saturday to make a run for the US Senate.
Young finished his Statement of Candidacy Saturday afternoon at Fat Randi's Bar and Grill in Van Meter, where he grew up and graduated from Johnston High School.
Young says his experience as Grassley's Chief of Staff gives him more experience than others running to fill the retiring Democrat's seat.
"A lot of people who run for the Senate say they're going to do this that or the other," Young said in a statement. "It's not as easy as you think, but I can hit the ground running right away."
Grassley says of his former aide "After working for three different senators and working for me for seven years, I can say without a doubt that he would be qualified on day one to start out as a senator who knows exactly how to get things done."