- Saudi Arabia Makes ISIS Arrests
- 250 Feared Missing in Mudslide
- President Obama Addresses Riots
- Austin "Flash" Schroeder Dies
- Dog Flu in Iowa
- Waverly Woman Found Dead in La Crosse
- Prison Problem
- Osteoporosis...in Men?
- White House Wants Pentagon to Take Over Drones
- Not Guilty Plea in Vehicular Homicide Case
- Professor Flunks Entire Class
- Accused Fake Actor Pleads Guilty
- Dowling Students Call for Change
- Concern Over Youth E-Cigarette Use
- Walking OK During Long Runs
- Water Quality Project At CR Park
- Man Sentenced For CR Bank Robberies
- Riots Continue in Baltimore
- CR Schools Funding Decisions
- Battling a Violent Trend
- IC Group Coordinating Nepal Relief
- CONSUMER ALERT: Ford Recalls 390,000 Cars
- Body Found in ISU Dorm
- NTSB Won't Reopen Buddy Holly Crash
- Walk for Babies Held in CR
- Movie Night Coming to Kinnick
- BBB Issues Tips on Earthquake Donations
- Blairstown’s Greener Farming
- Protests Turn Violent in Baltimore
- Family of IA Man Relieved to Hear He's OK
- Scottie Pippen's Daughter Arrested In IC
- Music Lineup Set for IC Festival
- Inmate Dies At Iowa City Hospital
- Bird Flu Found at More Iowa Farms
- Burnt Lunch Causes Capitol Evacuation
- Toy Recall over Salmonella Fears
- UPDATE: Accused Killer in Court
- Waterloo Police Speak on Violence
- Loretta Lynch Confirmed as New AG
- Opening Statements in Holmes Trial
- Funeral Held for Freddie Gray
- Waterloo Teens Charged in Robbery
- Bird Flu Fallout: Compensation Debate
- 10th Big Magic Breakfast
- Strange Smell Diverts Plane
- Gas Prices Rise Again
- Iowan on Everest Says He's OK
- Canine Flu Fears Grow in Iowa
- Study Questions Salt's Health Impact
- UPDATE: Bomb Threat at ISU
Cruise Passengers Recount Horror
Updated: Wednesday, July 23 2014, 09:50 PM CDT
WASHINGTON (AP) -- A California woman called for more protections for passengers on cruise lines as she recounted before Congress the assault she suffered during a trip aboard a cruise ship.
She told senators during a hearing Wednesday on Capitol Hill that she was choked and raped on a Royal Caribbean cruise by one of the line's employees.
She says that passengers have virtually no rights or protections.
Democratic Sen. Jay Rockefeller of West Virginia says her experience and other horror stories recounted at the hearing point to a lack of oversight and accountability for passenger safety in the cruise industry.
Rockefeller introduced a bill last year to improve protections for passengers on cruise ships. The hearing Wednesday was the second he has called to raise awareness of the issue.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.