- Marion PD Investigating Shots Fired
- Labor Day's a Payday at the Pump
- Police Make Massive 'Bizarro' Drug Bust
- New President Announcement Thursday
- UI Venture School Returns
- Connolly Sentenced Thursday
- A New Ferentz
- Docs Indicate Murder a Random Act
- Next Navy Submarine Named USS Iowa?
- Second Reading for Rooftop Ordinance Ok'd
- Obama Secures Votes to Protect Iran Deal
- Hearings Start for Baltimore Officers
- Santorum First to All 99 Counties
- Name Released in Train Death
- VP Biden to Appear on New Late Show
- Attacks on Android Devices Rising
- UPDATE: Arrest Made In DBQ Death
- How old is your heart?
- KY Clerk Still Refusing Marriage Licenses
- Layoffs at John Deere
- CR Making Changes in ADA Settlement
- Highland CSD Faces Technology Problems
- Linn Co., Hobart Close on Mott Bldg.
- McDonald's To Serve All-Day Breakfast
- Got History? The History Center Needs You!
- Library Levy on November Ballot
- Photos Show Disappearing Coastline
- Cross Country Course Opens
- Hospital Cost Balloons
- Doldrums Ahead for Midwest Economy
- Vineyard Stabbing
- Sex Offender Says Charge is Political
- Iowans Held Without Bail
- "Whopslam" Coming Soon?
- Companies Claim Flawed Medicaid Bidding
- Pope Changes Rules on Abortion
- Fairfax Home Damaged in Early Morning Fire
- KY Clerk Won't Issue Gay Marriage Licenses
- HIV Transmission Suspects Enters Plea
- Sen. Baldwin Stumps For Clinton In Iowa
- Perry to Keep One Staffer in Iowa
- Alleged UI Athletics Gender Bias
- CR Schools Focus on Mental Health
- IDPH: Mosquitoes Still a Threat
- 3rd Sexual Assault Reported at UI
- IC Transient Faces Robbery Charge
- Cop-Killer had Previous Mental Evaluation
- Hometown Mourns Killed Journalists
- Local Hops Harvest Begins
- Efforts to 'Keep the Music Rollin' in CR
CRST Breaks Ground on New Headquarters
Updated: Thursday, July 24 2014, 07:46 AM CDT
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA (CBS 2/FOX 28) – A Corridor trucking company is one step closer to having its new Cedar Rapids home.
On Wednesday, CRST International broke ground on its new headquarter building that will go next to the Alliant Tower in downtown Cedar Rapids.
Officials with CRST say they couldn’t be more excited to play a role in the future of Cedar Rapids’ downtown and that they also hope their new building can open the door for even more development in the area.
“We’re hoping that this building will not just be one building,” CRST Chairman, John Smith said. “But that other people realize that there is a demand for space down here and will see more development down here.”
The $37-million, eleven-story building will be the biggest project to come to downtown Cedar Rapids since the Great America building opened up in 1998.