- One Dead in Ice Cave Collapse
- World's Oldest Man Dies
- Scare at MN Bear Exhibit
- Starbuck's Raises Prices
- POTUS Enjoying Twitter Freedom
- Immigrant "Sanctuary" Policy Under Fire
- Iran Nuke Talks Continue Past Deadline
- Movie Tax Credit Decision
- Canadian Wildfires Causing Issues in IA
- CR Crime Stats Frustrate Police
- Service Dog Awareness From Viral Post
- Vernon Inn To Be Demolished Soon
- Iowa City Man Victim of Email Hack
- KY Clerk Wants Online Marriage Licenses
- U.S. Markets Close Modestly Lower
- Police Release Robbery Suspect Description
- College Readiness Report, Hispanics Behind
- Iowa Officials Promote Travel Deals
- Industry Report: Room for Improvement
- Cosby Admission Released
- Iowa City Converting Streetlights
- Shelly Johns Sentenced
- Pres. Forums on Minority Communities
- Corridor City Most Expensive to Live
- Iran Demands Lifting of Arms Embargo
- Rain, Crash Disrupt Daytona
- Kunis and Kutcher Tie The Knot
- Grateful Dead Tops Record
- No Evidence of Gunshot at Walter Reed
- Greece More Likely to Leave Eurozone
- CR Police Investigate Shooting
- Branstad Explains Budget Decisions
- Vietnam Vets Exhibit in Waterloo
- Two Waterloo Inmates Missing
- Montrose Adds Auxiliary Officers
- Greek Finance Minister Resigns
- ROAD TRIPPIN': Summer Sounds of Cedar Rapids
- Rubio Visiting IA This Week
- Box Office Fizzles Over Long Holiday
- POLL: Parties Split on Key Issues
- Football Vs Soccer In The Corridor
- Frankie House Preparing for Move
- CR Municipal Band Entertains Audiences
- Cars on Display at Newbo Market
- U.S. Defeats Japan 5-2 in World Cup Final
- David Sweat Returned to Prison
- Remembering Cedar County's Heroes
- 'No' Vote in Greece
- USDA Offers Funding for Farmers Markets
- Boy Injured by Falling Bullet
Created in the Corridor: Infinity Contact
Updated: Saturday, August 3 2013, 01:14 PM CDT
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (CBS 2/FOX 28) - Energy, excellence,execution; you can't go anywhere at Infinity Contact without seeing those three words printed on the walls, motivating and reminding
employees of the company's core values Created in the Corridor.
"The execution part of our business is everything we do for our clients so a big part of my responsibility is making sure we're executing daily," says Stephen Griggs who became president of Infinity Contact in 2005.
And by all accounts, he's doing a pretty good job. The company's 260-plus sales professionals in Cedar Rapids have grown annual revenue from $4 million to $22 million in eight years.
They specialize in business-to-business sales and work with clients who support many large manufacturers like General Motors and Honda.
"Each sales manager has a team of about 15-20 sales people with team leads," explains company founder Tom Leidigh as he gives CBS 2's Scott Sanborn a tour of the local facility. It's clear Leidigh is proud of his
employees, attributing Infinity Contact's success to their ownership of the company's learning environment. "There's lots of growth and we have to foster that type of environment to retain our people and give them a chance to advance in their career."
Infinity Contact is not just another call center. During hundreds-of-thousands of customer interactions for their clients every month, the company's sales teams build relationships."So we're providing back to our clients not just how many sales we had on a particular day," explains Griggs, "but why they bought, why they didn't buy, things that our clients don't necessarily know about their customers or prospects."
With roots in the automotive sector, Infinity Contact has since branched into the digital, financial and health care industries and recently opened another center in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Boasts Leidigh, "We started with a team of about 15 people last October and we'll have close to 140 people buy the end of the year in that facility."
Infinity Contact's employees also give back. Last month they collected hundreds of pairs of shoes for a community project, and this month they contributed hundreds of pounds of food for the Freedom From Hunger food drive.
You can learn more about the company by visiting the News Links section of this website.