- Fourth UI Presidential Finalist Named
- Obama Renames America's Tallest Mountain
- Horror Legend Wes Craven Dead at 76
- Your Thoughts On Regular Joe As President
- Get Moving for Healthy Kids
- Residents Celebrate HWY 965 Reopening
- Onslow Fire Dept. Needs New Building
- 3rd UI Presidential Candidate Announced
- One Dead After Waterloo Shooting
- Florida Braces for Erika
- Arrest Made in TX Officer Slaying
- Cedar Rapids Explores First Farmer's Market After Dark
- Iowa Poll: Sanders Closing in on Clinton
- CRPD Investigating Early Morning Shooting
- ICPD Investigating Downtown Robbery
- Cedar Falls Police Open Drug Drop-Off
- HSFB: Rain, Rain, and More Rain
- Soul Food: Hot Commodity at Iowa Soul Fest
- 10 Years Later: Remembering Katrina
- Voices of Diversity: 2015 Iowa Soul Fest
- ICPD Looking for Theft Victims
- Man Dies in Grain Bin Accident
- Preventing Sports Injuries
- No Appeal in Telemedicine Abortion Ruling
- Coral Ridge Mall Shooting Trial Moved
- Review Of Iowa's Criminal Justice Practices
- Remembering Armstrong's 'Family Ties'
- Review Finds Coach Pressured Players
- Group Agrees Memorial Endorses Religion
- Anti Catcalling Campaign at UI
- MidAmerican Building Wind Farms
- 2015 Iowa Soul Festival
- Casey Audit Finds Missing Funds
- Trump "Settles Hair Issue"
- Farmers' Market: After Dark
- CRPD Working on License Plate Reader Policy
- CenturyLink Expanding Rural Broadband
- Power Co-Op to Add Solar Panels to State
- CBJ Report: August 27th
- TX Company To Pay Back Iowa Residents
- Minimum Wage Plan Clears 1st Hurdle
- Karen Fuller Joins CBS2 & FOX28 As Anchor
- Clinton Draws Controversial Parallels
- Medicaid Bidding Criticism
- Hops Farm Begins Supplying Craft Brewers
- Audit Reveals Misspent Money
- CR Chase Supect Not Located
- Hayden Fry Honored with Proclamation
- DSM Officer Not Indicted
- Iowa City Least-Stressed U.S. City
Couple Gives $2 Million to Iowa College
Updated: Wednesday, July 31 2013, 04:23 PM CDT
WAVERLY, Iowa (AP) -- A Wisconsin couple is donating $2 million to a northeast Iowa college to endow a faculty position in the school's religion and philosophy department.
Mike and Marge McCoy, of Ellison Bay, Wis., made the donation to Wartburg College in Waverly.
The college announced the donation Wednesday, saying it was the largest non-estate gift by an individual donor or couple that Wartburg has ever received.
The gift will fund the Mike and Marge McCoy Family Distinguished Chair in Lutheran Heritage and Mission.
Officials say the money will help the college deepen its roots in the Lutheran spiritual and intellectual tradition.
The McCoys are parents of two Wartburg graduates.
The college of about 1,750 students is affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.