- Report Faults Police During Ferguson Unrest
- Leaders Want Radio System Upgrade
- UPDATE: Cedar River Water Rescue
- New Storm Drain Safety Non-Profit Formed
- Jury Rules in Favor of UI Following Mistrial
- Iowa City Home Damaged in Fire
- CNN: Obama Approval Rating Rising
- Controversial CA Vaccine Bill Now Law
- Gov. Christie Joins Crowded GOP Field
- Supreme Court Ruling on Vehicle Search
- New Law Enforcement Academy Director
- Bon Jovi Plays Part in 2016 Races
- Bush Releasing Tax Returns
- Overtime Could be Expanded
- Former ISU Researcher Sentencing
- NY Prison Under Investigation
- Gov. Extends Bird Flu Emergency
- Arrest Made in ISU Student Death
- 4th of July Terror Concerns
- Proposed Ordinance for Vacant Homes
- Diesel Prices Decline
- Before Lighting Your 4th Fireworks
- CA Passes Controversial Vaccine Bill
- UPDATE: Weekend Shootings Connected
- NBC Cutting Ties with Trump
- Egypt's Top Prosecutor Killed
- Tough Measures as Greece Faces Crisis
- Third Arrest in CF Assault
- Wash. Wildfire Destroys Multiple Structures
- Otis Road Closes Due to High Water
- IC Group Working on Unique Development
- Supreme Court Rules Against EPA
- SUV Crashes into Waterloo Home
- CR Police Investigate Armed Robbery
- SCOTUS Ruling on Lethal Injection Drug
- Legal Dispute Over Water in Dubuque
- Freedom Festival Rolls On
- Jurrasic Feet
- ROAD TRIPPIN': Nauvoo Entertainment
- Kasich to Join Race July 21st
- Six Months to Bakken Pipeline Decision
- Rainy Days And Fundays Get Me Down
- Riders Practice RAGBRAI Route
- BBQ Round Awards Handed Out
- Fire Injures Hundreds in Taiwan
- Rep. Blum Plans Vet Job Fair
- Sunday Dinner Pledge Campaign Helps Seniors
- UPDATE: David Sweat in Critical Condition
- Details of Richard Matt's Death Released
- Board of Regents to Part Ways with Lawyer
Couple Gives $2 Million to Iowa College
Updated: Wednesday, July 31 2013, 04:23 PM CDT
WAVERLY, Iowa (AP) -- A Wisconsin couple is donating $2 million to a northeast Iowa college to endow a faculty position in the school's religion and philosophy department.
Mike and Marge McCoy, of Ellison Bay, Wis., made the donation to Wartburg College in Waverly.
The college announced the donation Wednesday, saying it was the largest non-estate gift by an individual donor or couple that Wartburg has ever received.
The gift will fund the Mike and Marge McCoy Family Distinguished Chair in Lutheran Heritage and Mission.
Officials say the money will help the college deepen its roots in the Lutheran spiritual and intellectual tradition.
The McCoys are parents of two Wartburg graduates.
The college of about 1,750 students is affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.