- University Savings Plan May Take Longer
- Cincinnati Officer Charged with Murder
- Hinch Leaving Governor's Office
- Dubuque Police Looking for Suspect
- Man Pleads Guilty to Smuggling
- Trade Secret Charges Dismissed
- Need Pizza Preparing to Open
- POLL: Kids' Issues Priority for IA Voters
- Fox News Makes Debate Change
- Major U.S. Cities Sinking
- TSA Head Talks Ovevrhaul
- New Signs Taliban Chief is Dead
- Could Windows 10 "Break" The Internet?
- Brady Responds to Upheld Suspension
- LGBTQ Community Finds Help in Coralville
- UPDATE: Park Reopens After Assault
- Superintendent Has Plan For CR Students
- IC Program Renovates Former Rentals
- Top Officials Meet for Bird Flu Conference
- Prison Remains on Near-Lockdown
- Water Park Dream for Cedar Rapids Man
- Family Finds Gold Coins from 1715 Shipwreck
- UI Plans $45M Kinnick Upgrade
- Dispatcher Tells Caller "Deal With It"
- New Dr. Seuss Book Released
- Lyme Disease in Iowa
- OPERATION QUICKFIND CANCELLED: Griffin Schenck
- Regents Propose Tuition Increase
- UPDATE: AV Equipment Found in Bag
- Two Die After Fumes Exposure
- Officials Release Baltimore Riot Documents
- Salvation Army Preps for Big Month
- Woman on the Run in Dubuque
- Wildfire Response Improves
- Landowners Sue Utilities Board
- Former UI Coach Files Civil Rights Complaint
- Official: Wage Hike Unlawful
- Urban Farm Camp Underway In CR
- 'Black Kids Play Too' Rally in IC
- Johnson County Fair Opening Day
- Local Church Launches Literacy Initiative
- History Behind Tournament of Drums
- $1.5M Spent On Nitrate Removal
- Tournament of Drums Returns to CR
- Brown "Numb" After Daughter's Death
- Boston Ends Campaign for 2024 Olympics
- Woman Attacked, Killed by Dogs
- Search Continues for Teen Boaters
- La Porte City Woman Facing Charges
- Layoffs Coming to John Deere
Clean-Up Kit Information in Tama County
Updated: Friday, May 31 2013, 07:58 PM CDT
TAMA COUNTY, IA -
The Tama County Emergency Management Agency is pleased to be able to provide FREE Floodwater Household Clean-up Kits to any Tama County household in immediate need of one.
Floodwater Household Clean-up Kits will be available for pick-up at the Chelsea Fire Department boat pick-up / drop/off point and at the Tama County Courthouse parking lot from 10:00am till 4:00pm on Sunday 2 June 2013, 11:00am to 1:00pm and 3:00pm to 6:30pm Monday 3 June 2013 and by appointment after that by calling (641) 484 – 6261.
Remember – one kit per Tama County household, ID with a Tama County address required.
Any citizens that have any flood damage please contact Tama County dispatch at 641-484-3760 to document their damage. This is only to document the damage and will be forwarded on to the State.
This proclamation of disaster also activates the Iowa Individual Assistance Program in eleven of the counties: Buena Vista, Butler, Cherokee, Floyd, Iowa, Jasper, Marshall, Plymouth, Sioux, Tama and Wright.
The Iowa Individual Assistance Program provides grants up to $5,000 for households with incomes up to 200 percent of the federal poverty level, or a maximum annual income of $39,060, for a family of three.
Grants are available for home or car repairs, replacement of clothing or food, and for the expense of temporary housing. Original receipts are required for those seeking reimbursement for actual expenses related to storm recovery. The grant application and instructions are available at the “Disaster Assistance” link on the Iowa Department of Human Services website: www.dhs.iowa.gov. Applications must be received within 45 days of the date of proclamation, May 28, 2013.