- UPDATE: Arrest Made In DBQ Death
- How old is your heart?
- KY Clerk Still Refusing Marriage Licenses
- Layoffs at John Deere
- CR Making Changes in ADA Settlement
- Highland CSD Faces Technology Problems
- Linn Co., Hobart Close on Mott Bldg.
- McDonald's To Serve All-Day Breakfast
- Got History? The History Center Needs You!
- Library Levy on November Ballot
- Photos Show Disappearing Coastline
- Cross Country Course Opens
- Hospital Cost Balloons
- Doldrums Ahead for Midwest Economy
- Vineyard Stabbing
- Sex Offender Says Charge is Political
- Iowans Held Without Bail
- "Whopslam" Coming Soon?
- Companies Claim Flawed Medicaid Bidding
- Pope Changes Rules on Abortion
- Fairfax Home Damaged in Early Morning Fire
- KY Clerk Won't Issue Gay Marriage Licenses
- HIV Transmission Suspects Enters Plea
- Sen. Baldwin Stumps For Clinton In Iowa
- Perry to Keep One Staffer in Iowa
- Alleged UI Athletics Gender Bias
- CR Schools Focus on Mental Health
- IDPH: Mosquitoes Still a Threat
- 3rd Sexual Assault Reported at UI
- IC Transient Faces Robbery Charge
- Cop-Killer had Previous Mental Evaluation
- Hometown Mourns Killed Journalists
- Local Hops Harvest Begins
- Efforts to 'Keep the Music Rollin' in CR
- Legal Experts: No Criminal Trouble for Clinton
- Wildfire Consumes Parts of Spain
- Planes Clip Wings in Oakland
- Newark Airport Evacuated Sunday Night
- Broadband will Reach 90,000 More
- Work on UI President's Home and Office
- Train Hits and Kills IA Man
- Plenty of Controversy at VMA's
- General Mills sets Ambitious Goal
- Trump Leads Register Poll
- IA Waterpark Losing Money
- Gov. Brastad 28th in Salary
- ROAD TRIPPIN': Pionnering Womens' Rights
- Cubs Throw Pajama Party After No-Hitter
- Fourth UI Presidential Finalist Named
- Obama Renames America's Tallest Mountain
Clean-Up Kit Information in Tama County
Updated: Friday, May 31 2013, 07:58 PM CDT
TAMA COUNTY, IA -
The Tama County Emergency Management Agency is pleased to be able to provide FREE Floodwater Household Clean-up Kits to any Tama County household in immediate need of one.
Floodwater Household Clean-up Kits will be available for pick-up at the Chelsea Fire Department boat pick-up / drop/off point and at the Tama County Courthouse parking lot from 10:00am till 4:00pm on Sunday 2 June 2013, 11:00am to 1:00pm and 3:00pm to 6:30pm Monday 3 June 2013 and by appointment after that by calling (641) 484 – 6261.
Remember – one kit per Tama County household, ID with a Tama County address required.
Any citizens that have any flood damage please contact Tama County dispatch at 641-484-3760 to document their damage. This is only to document the damage and will be forwarded on to the State.
This proclamation of disaster also activates the Iowa Individual Assistance Program in eleven of the counties: Buena Vista, Butler, Cherokee, Floyd, Iowa, Jasper, Marshall, Plymouth, Sioux, Tama and Wright.
The Iowa Individual Assistance Program provides grants up to $5,000 for households with incomes up to 200 percent of the federal poverty level, or a maximum annual income of $39,060, for a family of three.
Grants are available for home or car repairs, replacement of clothing or food, and for the expense of temporary housing. Original receipts are required for those seeking reimbursement for actual expenses related to storm recovery. The grant application and instructions are available at the “Disaster Assistance” link on the Iowa Department of Human Services website: www.dhs.iowa.gov. Applications must be received within 45 days of the date of proclamation, May 28, 2013.