- Census Data Shows Iowa Growth
- Discussing Gambling Addiction
- Business Fire In Ely
- New Development Project In NewBo
- CR Foreclosure Rate Dropping
- African Families Day at Hoover Elementary
- GOP Hopefuls Coming to Iowa
- One Killed After Semi Hits Bridge
- Ted Cruz to Visit Cedar Rapids
- CR City Budget Appealed
- Medical Marijuana Bill Advances in Senate
- DBQ Man Charged for Kidnapping Attempt
- 2 Your Finances
- Census Shows Growth in DSM, Iowa City
- Mentally Ill Seniors Transferred to Nursing Homes
- Men's Cardio Fitness Tied to Cancer Risk
- Basketball Players to Meet Globetrotter
- Bond Doubled for Stigler
- Prison Contractor Wants More Money
- CLAIM: France Plane Crash Intentional
- Saudi Arabia Intervenes in Yemen
- Germanwings Pilot Was Locked Out Of Cockpit
- Severe Weather Kills 1 In Oklahoma
- Saudi Arabia Launches Airstrikes In Yemen
- Linn Co. Plans Future Trails
- New Video Shows Distracted Drivers
- Support for Medicaid Oversight
- CR Council OKs Stormwater Hike
- Development Planned for Old Vigortone Site
- Court Documents Reveal Johns Steps
- IA Man Competing for Dream Job
- RAGBRAI Riders Travel Past Kinnick
- Heinz: CR Plant Not Affected by Merger
- CR Student Works to Fight Bullying
- Senate School Start Date Bill Stalls
- Longtime Hawkeye PA Announcer Passes
- Crowdfunding Trend Skyrockets
- Emerald Ash Borer Found in Clinton Co.
- UI Names Potential Interim President
- Bergdahl to be Charged with Desertion
- Elected Official Contact Info Bill Advances
- Gov. Branstad has Private Email
- Bill for Statewide Uber Regulations
- 'Star Wars' Locale Part of ISIS Fight
- Deadly Crash Includes Americans
- Statewide Tornado Drill Today
- Turning to Surgery to Prevent Cancer
- High-Speed Chase In Dubuque County
- IC Building Business With New Hotel
- Taking Steps Toward Better Walkability
Clean-Up Kit Information in Tama County
Updated: Friday, May 31 2013, 07:58 PM CDT
TAMA COUNTY, IA -
The Tama County Emergency Management Agency is pleased to be able to provide FREE Floodwater Household Clean-up Kits to any Tama County household in immediate need of one.
Floodwater Household Clean-up Kits will be available for pick-up at the Chelsea Fire Department boat pick-up / drop/off point and at the Tama County Courthouse parking lot from 10:00am till 4:00pm on Sunday 2 June 2013, 11:00am to 1:00pm and 3:00pm to 6:30pm Monday 3 June 2013 and by appointment after that by calling (641) 484 – 6261.
Remember – one kit per Tama County household, ID with a Tama County address required.
Any citizens that have any flood damage please contact Tama County dispatch at 641-484-3760 to document their damage. This is only to document the damage and will be forwarded on to the State.
This proclamation of disaster also activates the Iowa Individual Assistance Program in eleven of the counties: Buena Vista, Butler, Cherokee, Floyd, Iowa, Jasper, Marshall, Plymouth, Sioux, Tama and Wright.
The Iowa Individual Assistance Program provides grants up to $5,000 for households with incomes up to 200 percent of the federal poverty level, or a maximum annual income of $39,060, for a family of three.
Grants are available for home or car repairs, replacement of clothing or food, and for the expense of temporary housing. Original receipts are required for those seeking reimbursement for actual expenses related to storm recovery. The grant application and instructions are available at the “Disaster Assistance” link on the Iowa Department of Human Services website: www.dhs.iowa.gov. Applications must be received within 45 days of the date of proclamation, May 28, 2013.