- Scott Walker Ad Campaign to Begin in Iowa
- UFO Spotted Actually Navy Technology
- After Dark Farmers' Market Exceeds Expectations
- Docs Indicate Murder a Random Act
- One Arrested for Marion Robbery
- Splash Pads to Remain Open Longer
- Voices of Diversity: Her Lost Year
- Marion PD Investigating Shots Fired
- Labor Day's a Payday at the Pump
- Police Make Massive 'Bizarro' Drug Bust
- New President Announcement Thursday
- UI Venture School Returns
- Connolly Sentenced Thursday
- A New Ferentz
- Next Navy Submarine Named USS Iowa?
- Second Reading for Rooftop Ordinance Ok'd
- Obama Secures Votes to Protect Iran Deal
- Hearings Start for Baltimore Officers
- Santorum First to All 99 Counties
- Name Released in Train Death
- VP Biden to Appear on New Late Show
- Attacks on Android Devices Rising
- UPDATE: Arrest Made In DBQ Death
- How old is your heart?
- KY Clerk Still Refusing Marriage Licenses
- Layoffs at John Deere
- CR Making Changes in ADA Settlement
- Highland CSD Faces Technology Problems
- Linn Co., Hobart Close on Mott Bldg.
- McDonald's To Serve All-Day Breakfast
- Got History? The History Center Needs You!
- Library Levy on November Ballot
- Photos Show Disappearing Coastline
- Cross Country Course Opens
- Hospital Cost Balloons
- Doldrums Ahead for Midwest Economy
- Vineyard Stabbing
- Sex Offender Says Charge is Political
- Iowans Held Without Bail
- "Whopslam" Coming Soon?
- Companies Claim Flawed Medicaid Bidding
- Pope Changes Rules on Abortion
- Fairfax Home Damaged in Early Morning Fire
- KY Clerk Won't Issue Gay Marriage Licenses
- HIV Transmission Suspects Enters Plea
- Sen. Baldwin Stumps For Clinton In Iowa
- Perry to Keep One Staffer in Iowa
- Alleged UI Athletics Gender Bias
- CR Schools Focus on Mental Health
- IDPH: Mosquitoes Still a Threat
City of Cedar Rapids Encouraging Residents to Be Prepared
Updated: Thursday, May 30 2013, 10:13 PM CDT
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA – Date – The City of Cedar Rapids is encouraging residence to be prepared. If you live in a low lying area that has previously experienced flooding, plan how you will safely leave your home and have your valuables prepared to leave quickly. The City of Cedar Rapids is monitoring this fluid situation and will give as much notice of evacuations as possible. Citizens are encouraged to prepare, rather than to react for an evacuation.
Examples of low lying areas that are encouraged to prepare for a potential evacuation include:
Newbo, Time Check, Rompot, and the Czech Village areas. The homes on Ellis Rd west of Edgewood Rd NW were informed that their properties would be inaccessible on Friday morning.
Citizens may also learn of updates to Flood Alerts at the City’s website at www.cedar-rapids.org. There is a “Flood Alert” in red and orange at the top of the page. All press releases, street closures, and preparation for the floods will be posted here.