- Vet Calls for Zoo Animals to be Moved
- Ex-Guard Pleads Guilty to Drug Charges
- Teen Hits Squad Car
- Dog Shot in Waterloo
- Affordable Housing Discussion
- Shooter Rants in Writings About Having No Girlfriend
- 12 Killed in South Carolina Flooding
- Iowa Rep. Miller Won't Seek Re-election
- Snobbiest Cities In Iowa?
- Groups Form to Battle Constant Violence
- Voices of Diversity: DBQ Veteran Uses Art to Manage PTSD
- Name Released in Dubuque Homicide
- Homecoming Celebrated With Corn at UI
- Pumpkin Patch Harvests Community Help
- Police: Badger Fan Punched Teen Hawk Fan
- CONSUMER ALERT: Cheerio Recall
- US, Pacific Rim Countries Reach Trade Deal
- Car Pulled from AL Church's Attic
- Iowa's Largest Insurer Entering ACA Exchange
- Governor on Planned Parenthood
- Branstad: Can't Remove Regents
- New Pi, Backpocket Announce New Brew
- Injuries Reported in Train Derailment
- Branstad Unveils Higher Education Goals
- Violent Acts Rattle Community
- Pumpkins Plentiful Despite Rain
- Arietta Takes Jab at Pirates
- Fourth IC School Blue Zone Certified
- ROAD TRIPPIN': Decorah's Mainstreet
- Fmr ISU Basketball Player Turns Himself in
- Your Solution To Mass Shootings
- Vets THRIVE Needs Sponsors, Volunteers
- UAW Ratifies Agreement with Deere
- Broncos Slip Past Vikings
- Four-Year-Old Killed in ATV Crash
- Branstad's Anti-Bullying Office Raises Questions
- Downtown DM YMCA Goes Down
- Mammoth Recovered in Michigan
- More Crops But Lower Prices
- New Details Released in Oregon Shooting
- Get Out the Vote Event for CR Public Library
- Especially for You Race Sunday
- Clinton Wins Big Labor Union Endorsement
- Search Continues For Ship in Hurricane
- Eastern Iowa OT Scores
- Quick Response From Hospital After Crash
- Obama: Tally Shootings vs. Terrorist Attacks
- Hurricane Joaquin as seen from Space
- College Shooting Victims Identified
- UPDATE: Three Arrested in CR Chase
Chicken Off McD's Hong Kong Menu
Updated: Thursday, July 24 2014, 09:47 PM CDT
HONG KONG (AP) -- McDonald's restaurants in Hong Kong have taken chicken nuggets and chicken burgers off the menu after a mainland Chinese supplier was accused of selling expired meat.
The fast food chain said late Thursday that it "suspended relevant food ingredients" at Hong Kong outlets in light of the scandal surrounding Shanghai Husi Food Co.
Chinese authorities detained five Husi employees after a TV station reported last weekend that the company repackaged and sold meat past its use-by date.
McDonald's in Hong Kong said it used chicken from a Husi factory, but it wasn't the Shanghai factory at the center of the initial allegations against the company.
The government of the semiautonomous Chinese territory said that imports of Husi products would be suspended as the investigation continued.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.