- Indiana College Student Found Dead
- RAW: First District House Rep. Rod Blum Talks about Rand Paul and Carly Fiorina
- RAW: Potential Presidential Candidate Scott Walker after his meet and greet in Cedar Rapids
- RAW: Presidential Candidate Rand Paul talks about fist-bumping Harry Reid, Hillary Clinton and Young Americans for Liberty
- Hundreds Dead in Nepal Quake
- Large Crowds Expected in Baltimore
- Little Free Libraries In Hiawatha
- Cedar Rapids Budget Appeal Rejected
- Rockwell Workers Relieve Stress With Yoga
- Deadly Crashes Dropping Among Teens
- RAW NEWS: Victim's Family Speaks
- Remembering Lynnsey Donald
- Summit Attracts Big GOP Names
- Girl with Leukemia Dismissed from School
- Cedar Rapids Celebrates Arbor Day
- Walker Running on a Record
- Cedar Falls Man's Garage Sale App
- Wellington Heights Smoke Detector Giveaway
- Walker Circling Presidential Run
- Grads Lack Desired Skills
- UI Offers New Degree
- IA Man Goes to Gofundme to Follow Dream
- DOT Reviews Intersection
- Police Shooting Report Expected Soon
- Rubio Returning to Iowa
- Drake Gets Live Mascot
- Accused Teenage Murderer in Court
- Phone Outage Affecting 4 Counties
- Woman Denied $41M Jackpot Error
- Cancer Survivor Raising Awareness
- High School Stage Collapses
- Public Health Major
- "Raymond" Sitcom Actor Dead at 19
- Fighting Breast Cancer Before It Starts
- Special Gifts For Two Corridor Kids
- Fleck Sales Co. Buying Wolfe Beverage Co.
- Express Bus, Rideshare Plans Move Forward
- Black Students Rally at UI
- CBJ Report: April 23rd
- Interim UI President Approved
- Bird Flu Confirmed At Third Iowa Farm
- Emotional Recovery Following Stabbing
- Mental Health and Smart Phones
- What Makes Terrorists Tick?
- Gov. Asks Agencies to Monitor Bird Flu
- UPDATE: Woman Killed at Hy-Vee
- Multiple Crews Called to Explosion, Fire
- Petraeus Sentenced For Classified Leak
- Lottery CEO: Iowa Law Stopped Fraud
- Layoffs Hit Verizon in Cedar Rapids
Charlotte Under Boil Advisory
Updated: Friday, May 31 2013, 07:08 PM CDT
CHARLOTTE, Iowa (AP) --
Residents of the eastern Iowa city of Charlotte have been advised to boil their drinking water after their water system lost pressure during installation of a new city well.
The Department of Natural Resources says it issued the boil advisory Friday after a contractor installing the well turned off water to the Clinton County city in order to make a connection. That caused the system to become depressurized.
When the contractor turned on the water again, a main break was discovered.
Officials hope workers will complete repairs to the water main Friday night.
Because a loss of water pressure can allow bacteria or other substances to enter the water, the DNR is recommending residents boil their water until it can be tested.
Untreated water can be used for bathing.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.