- Threatening Call Turns into Prank
- Iowa Legis. Could Adjourn This Week
- Two More Potential Bird Flu Cases
- Obama Signs NSA Legislation
- CBS 2 Hero: Wade Hemmelrick
- Alarming Amber Alerts
- More Mentors, Less Juvenile Offenders
- 1 Arrested in CR Bank Robbery
- Understanding Transgender Transitions
- Summer Meals Program Returns
- Congress Revives Patriot Act Surveillance
- UIHC Promoting ATV Safety
- Wloo Officials Back Yard Parking Rules
- Hoiberg Now Chicago Bulls Head Coach
- FIFA President to Resign
- Possible Health Insurance Hike
- Prairie Students Donate to Waypoint
- Hy-Vee Gives Back to Schools
- Facebook Expanding in Altoona
- NTSB Releases Report on Amtrak Crash
- Few Survivors Amid Boat Sinking
- Replacement Airbags Still Defective
- Authorities Speak on Amber Alerts
- Officials ask Court to Reject Job Protection
- Payment Approved for Prison Builder
- IC's First Wheelchair Accessible Playground
- AP: FBI Using Spy Planes in U.S.
- Warren Supporters End Push
- STUDY: Americans "Blind" to Income Gap
- School Program Teaches More Than Just Academics
- North Liberty Home Facing an End
- Growing Pains in Clear Creek Amana
- Mayor Will Comply With Traffic Cam Order
- Police Follow Junk Food Trail to Suspect
- Comedian Mick Foley Discusses Act
- UPDATE: One of Two Inmates Caught
- AMBER ALERT CANCELLED: Reed Day, Rheea Day
- Quarter Barrel Looking for Help
- UI/ISU Game on FOX 28
- Lawmakers Agree to $7 Bil. Budget
- Hoiberg Announcement Anticipated
- Clinton Schedules First Major Speech
- ATM Theft Arrest
- Men Allegedly Offer Children Rides Home
- Walker Leads GOP in Favorability
- More Bird Flu Concerns
- ROAD TRIPPIN': NAUVOO, IL
- Patriot Act Expires
- Common Recycling Mistake
- Your Favorite Family Trips
Carter, Biden to Attend Joan Mondale Memorial
Updated: Thursday, February 6 2014, 09:39 PM CST
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- Former President Jimmy Carter and Vice President Joe Biden will be among those paying respects to Joan Mondale at a memorial service in Minneapolis.
Mondale was the wife of Carter's vice president, Walter Mondale. She died Monday at age 83.
Carter will speak during the Saturday service at Westminster Presbyterian Church. The former president will attend with his wife, Rosalynn. Biden's office confirmed that he and his wife, Jill, also will travel to Minnesota for the service.
Joan Mondale cultivated a reputation as a strong and vocal advocate for the arts, helping transform the role of second lady. She continued her advocacy after her husband was appointed U.S. ambassador to Japan under President Bill Clinton.
The service will be streamed live on the church's website.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.