The MAY that PAYS!

The MAY that PAYS!

Top Stories

Top Stories

 
text size

Camper with Peanut Allergy Dies

Updated: Tuesday, July 30 2013, 08:45 PM CDT
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) -- A 13-year-old girl with a peanut allergy died after taking a bite of a treat at a family summer camp in Sacramento, Calif.

Officials say Natalie Giorgi died Saturday at Camp Sacramento after ingesting a Rice Krispies treat with peanuts, even after her parents administered multiple doses of medicine.
  
A family friend told the Bee that Giorgi spit out the treat right away after tasting peanuts.
  
She called her parents, who gave her a dose of Benadryl and monitored her.
  
Twenty minutes later she had trouble breathing. Her father, a doctor, administered an injection of epinephrine three times before she stopped breathing.
  
The sheriff's office cited laryngeal edema, or a swelling in the throat, as the cause of death.

Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.Camper with Peanut Allergy Dies


Advertise with us!

Related Stories

See It Loading...
 
Advertise with us!
Sponsored content