- Threatening Call Turns into Prank
- Iowa Legis. Could Adjourn This Week
- Two More Potential Bird Flu Cases
- Obama Signs NSA Legislation
- CBS 2 Hero: Wade Hemmelrick
- Alarming Amber Alerts
- More Mentors, Less Juvenile Offenders
- 1 Arrested in CR Bank Robbery
- Understanding Transgender Transitions
- Summer Meals Program Returns
- Congress Revives Patriot Act Surveillance
- UIHC Promoting ATV Safety
- Wloo Officials Back Yard Parking Rules
- Hoiberg Now Chicago Bulls Head Coach
- FIFA President to Resign
- Possible Health Insurance Hike
- Prairie Students Donate to Waypoint
- Hy-Vee Gives Back to Schools
- Facebook Expanding in Altoona
- NTSB Releases Report on Amtrak Crash
- Few Survivors Amid Boat Sinking
- Replacement Airbags Still Defective
- Authorities Speak on Amber Alerts
- Officials ask Court to Reject Job Protection
- Payment Approved for Prison Builder
- IC's First Wheelchair Accessible Playground
- AP: FBI Using Spy Planes in U.S.
- Warren Supporters End Push
- STUDY: Americans "Blind" to Income Gap
- School Program Teaches More Than Just Academics
- North Liberty Home Facing an End
- Growing Pains in Clear Creek Amana
- Mayor Will Comply With Traffic Cam Order
- Police Follow Junk Food Trail to Suspect
- Comedian Mick Foley Discusses Act
- UPDATE: One of Two Inmates Caught
- AMBER ALERT CANCELLED: Reed Day, Rheea Day
- Quarter Barrel Looking for Help
- UI/ISU Game on FOX 28
- Lawmakers Agree to $7 Bil. Budget
- Hoiberg Announcement Anticipated
- Clinton Schedules First Major Speech
- ATM Theft Arrest
- Men Allegedly Offer Children Rides Home
- Walker Leads GOP in Favorability
- More Bird Flu Concerns
- ROAD TRIPPIN': NAUVOO, IL
- Patriot Act Expires
- Common Recycling Mistake
- Your Favorite Family Trips
Branstad Set to Name 2 New Regents on Tuesday
Updated: Monday, June 3 2013, 08:28 PM CDT
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) -- Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad says he plans on naming two new members to the Iowa Board of Regents on Tuesday.
Branstad, speaking to reporters in Iowa City while touring flooded areas, says he's decided to name the new board members prior to Wednesday's meeting of the regents.
Earlier in the day Branstad indicated he'd be naming the new members within the next couple of weeks.
The Senate in April didn't give the appointments of Craig Lang and Robert Cramer the two-thirds majority required for their approval to the Board of Regents, a nine-member board that oversees Iowa's three public universities.
Branstad spokesman Tim Albrecht says Branstad finished interviewing Monday morning and made the decision to announce the appointments.
The board is scheduled to meet Wednesday in Iowa City.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.