- NL Celebrates Penn Meadows Pavilion
- Fmr. Clinton Aide to Plead 5th
- JoCo Minimum Wage Passes 2nd Vote
- Victim Identity Still a Mystery
- Judge Lifts Tom Brady's Suspension
- Sen. Grassley Requests Ellingson Update
- IA Underperforms Nation in Economic Growth
- Rough SAT Results for 2015 Class
- Low Numbers Expected at Kinnick
- Marion Discusses Fitness Trackers
- Public Session for Marion Library Project
- Shark Stranded On Maine Beach
- RNC Seeks to Rule Out Third-Party Runs
- Scott Walker Ad Campaign to Begin in Iowa
- UFO Spotted Actually Navy Technology
- After Dark Farmers' Market Exceeds Expectations
- One Arrested for Marion Robbery
- Splash Pads to Remain Open Longer
- Voices of Diversity: Her Lost Year
- Marion PD Investigating Shots Fired
- Labor Day's a Payday at the Pump
- Police Make Massive 'Bizarro' Drug Bust
- New President Announcement Thursday
- UI Venture School Returns
- Connolly Sentenced Thursday
- A New Ferentz
- Next Navy Submarine Named USS Iowa?
- Second Reading for Rooftop Ordinance Ok'd
- Obama Secures Votes to Protect Iran Deal
- Hearings Start for Baltimore Officers
- Santorum First to All 99 Counties
- Name Released in Train Death
- VP Biden to Appear on New Late Show
- Attacks on Android Devices Rising
- UPDATE: Arrest Made In DBQ Death
- How old is your heart?
- KY Clerk Still Refusing Marriage Licenses
- Layoffs at John Deere
- CR Making Changes in ADA Settlement
- Highland CSD Faces Technology Problems
- Linn Co., Hobart Close on Mott Bldg.
- McDonald's To Serve All-Day Breakfast
- Got History? The History Center Needs You!
- Library Levy on November Ballot
- Photos Show Disappearing Coastline
- Cross Country Course Opens
- Hospital Cost Balloons
- Doldrums Ahead for Midwest Economy
- Vineyard Stabbing
- Sex Offender Says Charge is Political
Branstad on Board Campaign
Updated: Tuesday, July 16 2013, 09:42 PM CDT
A progressive advocacy group is offering a bumper sticker mocking Gov. Branstad in exchange for a donation. Progress Iowa posted the sticker and fundraising information on it's website and Facebook page Tuesday.
"Now you can speed like Gov. Terry Branstad is riding right along with you! Get your sticker today and you can be above the law just like the Governor," the group wrote on its Facebook page Tuesday.
The group said it will provide the sticker for a $3 or more donation.
"Of course no one should be able to disobey traffic laws, not even the Governor. His refusal to apologize or hold anyone in his administration accountable after his personal driver was caught speeding is an insult to those of us who have to follow the law," the group said.
The move comes hours after an new Associated Press report was released showing more than 3,200 license plates have been issued to local, state and federal agencies, including the governor's SUV, with a designation that allows them to avoid tickets from Iowa traffic cameras.
Several cities said they do not issue tickets to drivers whose plates are not included in police databases because they're conducting undercover or sensitive work.
Iowa Department of Transportation data requested by The Associated Press shows that 350 agencies have been issued at least one license plate with that designation, ranging from small police departments to the Transportation Security Administration.
Read more: http://www.kcci.com/news/central-iowa/group-launches-branstad-on-board-speeding-fundraiser/-/9357080/21005648/-/u0q96z/-/index.html#ixzz2ZGbSl26j