- What Defines Terrorism?
- VW Sales Tumble in U.S.
- USPS Holiday Stamps
- Stolen Tortoise Returned
- Save Money Heading to Big 10
- EPA Issues Renewable Fuel Targets
- Sen. Ernst Retires From Military Service
- Chicago Police Superintendent Fired
- Auto Sales Up in November
- District Considering Consolidation
- Blum Spends Most On Mailings
- Appeals Court to Rule on Pistorius
- The Science of Lines: Waiting isn't about Time
- Trial set for Casey Clerk
- Tiffin Raising Minimum Wage
- Rosa Parks Arrest, 60 Years Later
- Two Found Dead In Home
- Midwest Index Drops Again
- Levitating Cars Mystery Solved
- Pantries ask for Holiday Help
- Staying Secure While Cyber Shopping
- Racist Remark Found in UI Bathroom
- Cyber Monday Prepares for #GivingTuesday
- U.S. Scales Back Ethanol Quotas
- Man Accused of Attacking Deputy
- House Defends P. Parenthood Investigation
- New Wave of Gun Permit Renewals Looming
- Target's Website Goes Down
- CONSUMER ALERT: Dog Chew Recall
- Gov. Urges No Delay for Medicaid Change
- Voters Reject Hamburg's Olympic Bid
- First Freddie Gray Trial Now Underway
- World Leaders Discuss Climate Change
- Muslim Students Seek Prayer Space
- ROAD TRIPPIN': Walking Through History
- Deere Lays Off 220 Moline Workers
- Online Threat Cancels Class
- Ashley Hinson Running for Iowa House
- Remembering That One Special Gift
- IC Imam Condemns Terrorism
- Ted Cruz Stops in E. Iowa
- Conditions Mostly Positive for Holiday Travel
- Matt Campbell Named ISU Head Coach
- One Killed in Homicide on DM's Court Ave
- Uptown Marion Celebrates Shopping Small
- Festival of Trees Kicks Off
- Families Enjoy Breakfast with Santa
- Trump Attacks Rubio, Bush in FL
- Window Wonderland Kicks Off
- Pipeline Brings Protesters to CR
Branstad Appoints New District Judge
Updated: Wednesday, July 23 2014, 07:00 PM CDT
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - A private practice lawyer in Iowa City who also works as an adjunct professor at University of Iowa has been appointed a district court judge by Gov. Terry Branstad.
Branstad on Wednesday appointed Lars Anderson to the bench in the 6th Judicial District, which includes Benton, Iowa, Johnson, Jones, Linn, and Tama counties in eastern Iowa.
Anderson, of Iowa City, earned his law degree from the University of Iowa.
He fills the vacancy left by Judge Marsha Beckelman who retired July 3.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may
not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.