- Clinton: Sanders Surge in Stride
- Haze Fills Iowa Skies
- Service vs. Support Dog Laws
- RAW: Democratic Presidential Candidate Hillary Clinton does her first local TV interview since announcing her candidacy.
- Marion Alley Getting a Makeover
- New UIHC Spanish Healthcare Website
- FBI Looking for ‘Sextortion’ Victims
- Hearing Held on Bird Flu
- Video Shows Former Player Hit Woman
- More Trouble for Paula Deen
- Senate GOP Balks at Cuba Restrictions
- Netflix Announces Film Initiative Dates
- Confederate Flag Flies in Florida
- Big or Little, Back to School Sales Surge
- Thousands Expected to See Pope
- Prison Officials Move Inmates
- Branstad: Special Session Unlikely
- DBQ Unique Home Buying Incentives
- Move to Facility Blamed for Death
- Report: Jared from Subway Under Investigation
- One Dead in Ice Cave Collapse
- World's Oldest Man Dies
- Scare at MN Bear Exhibit
- Starbuck's Raises Prices
- POTUS Enjoying Twitter Freedom
- Immigrant "Sanctuary" Policy Under Fire
- Iran Nuke Talks Continue Past Deadline
- Movie Tax Credit Decision
- Canadian Wildfires Causing Issues in IA
- CR Crime Stats Frustrate Police
- Service Dog Awareness From Viral Post
- Vernon Inn To Be Demolished Soon
- Iowa City Man Victim of Email Hack
- KY Clerk Wants Online Marriage Licenses
- U.S. Markets Close Modestly Lower
- Police Release Robbery Suspect Description
- College Readiness Report, Hispanics Behind
- Iowa Officials Promote Travel Deals
- Industry Report: Room for Improvement
- Cosby Admission Released
- Iowa City Converting Streetlights
- Shelly Johns Sentenced
- Pres. Forums on Minority Communities
- Corridor City Most Expensive to Live
- Iran Demands Lifting of Arms Embargo
- Rain, Crash Disrupt Daytona
- Kunis and Kutcher Tie The Knot
- Grateful Dead Tops Record
- No Evidence of Gunshot at Walter Reed
- Greece More Likely to Leave Eurozone
Arrests Made in Marshalltown Murder
Updated: Wednesday, October 2 2013, 01:34 PM CDT
MARSHALLTOWN, Iowa (KCCI) -- Police said a tip lead them to find a man dead in the basement of a home in Marshalltown.
The Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation and Marshalltown police have been at the house since mid-afternoon Tuesday.
When officers arrived at the home, they found the man dead in the basement. His name has not yet been released.
Authorities said an investigation shows criminal action led to the death. Two men have now been charged in connection with the case.
Officials said Jeremy Gartin, 30, of Marshalltown, is charged with first-degree murder and carrying a concealed weapon.
Max Nelson, 55, of Marshalltown, was charged with accessory after the fact, first-degree theft and abuse of a corpse.
Police said they are not searching for any other suspects in the case. Both men are being held in Marshall County Jail.
"At this time I have no reason to believe that the community at large is in any danger, We're following up on all the leads that we have at this point in time, but there's no reason for the community to be in fear at this point," said Marshalltown Police Chief Michael Tupper.
The cause of death is still under investigation.