- Tom Brady Can Plan
- Judge Lifts Tom Brady's Suspension
- Sen. Grassley Requests Ellingson Update
- IA Underperforms Nation in Economic Growth
- Rough SAT Results for 2015 Class
- Low Numbers Expected at Kinnick
- Marion Discusses Fitness Trackers
- Public Session for Marion Library Project
- Shark Stranded On Maine Beach
- RNC Seeks to Rule Out Third-Party Runs
- Scott Walker Ad Campaign to Begin in Iowa
- UFO Spotted Actually Navy Technology
- After Dark Farmers' Market Exceeds Expectations
- Docs Indicate Murder a Random Act
- One Arrested for Marion Robbery
- Splash Pads to Remain Open Longer
- Voices of Diversity: Her Lost Year
- Marion PD Investigating Shots Fired
- Labor Day's a Payday at the Pump
- Police Make Massive 'Bizarro' Drug Bust
- New President Announcement Thursday
- UI Venture School Returns
- Connolly Sentenced Thursday
- A New Ferentz
- Next Navy Submarine Named USS Iowa?
- Second Reading for Rooftop Ordinance Ok'd
- Obama Secures Votes to Protect Iran Deal
- Hearings Start for Baltimore Officers
- Santorum First to All 99 Counties
- Name Released in Train Death
- VP Biden to Appear on New Late Show
- Attacks on Android Devices Rising
- UPDATE: Arrest Made In DBQ Death
- How old is your heart?
- KY Clerk Still Refusing Marriage Licenses
- Layoffs at John Deere
- CR Making Changes in ADA Settlement
- Highland CSD Faces Technology Problems
- Linn Co., Hobart Close on Mott Bldg.
- McDonald's To Serve All-Day Breakfast
- Got History? The History Center Needs You!
- Library Levy on November Ballot
- Photos Show Disappearing Coastline
- Cross Country Course Opens
- Hospital Cost Balloons
- Doldrums Ahead for Midwest Economy
- Vineyard Stabbing
- Sex Offender Says Charge is Political
- Iowans Held Without Bail
- "Whopslam" Coming Soon?
Another Bush May Run for President
Updated: Wednesday, May 29 2013, 04:31 PM CDT
MACKINAC ISLAND, Mich. (AP) --
Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush says he's undecided about running for president, but he doesn't appear to agree with his mother that there've been enough Bushes in the White House.
Bush was asked about the 2016 race Wednesday after speaking to local leaders in northern Michigan. He says he's a year or more away from a decision.
But he laughed off a recent comment by his mother, former first lady Barbara Bush. She was asked during an April interview on NBC's "Today" show whether Jeb Bush should seek the Republican nomination. She responded, "We've had enough Bushes," and said there were many worthy candidates.
Jeb Bush told the Michigan audience, "All I can say is, we all have mothers, right?" He added that "she's totally liberated and God bless her."
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.