- Ashley Hinson Running for Iowa House
- Remembering That One Special Gift
- IC Imam Condemns Terrorism
- Ted Cruz Stops in E. Iowa
- Conditions Mostly Positive for Holiday Travel
- Matt Campbell Named ISU Head Coach
- One Killed in Homicide on DM's Court Ave
- Uptown Marion Celebrates Shopping Small
- Festival of Trees Kicks Off
- Families Enjoy Breakfast with Santa
- Trump Attacks Rubio, Bush in FL
- Window Wonderland Kicks Off
- Pipeline Brings Protesters to CR
- Shiffrin Crushes Field, Breaks Record
- Deputies Rescue Newborn in Calif.
- Mich. State Will Play Iowa for Title
- Alabama Claims SEC West
- New Information in Colo. Shooting
- Coralville Prepares for Festival of Trees
- Hawkeye Fans Cheer on Undefeated Team
- UPDATE: Officer Killed in CO Shooting
- Gay Marriage on Tribal Lands
- Hawkeyes Clinch Undefeated Season
- Brucemore Kicks off Holiday Tours
- IA Man Seriously Injured after Shooting
- Smoking Causes Early Morning Fire
- Waterloo Woman Robs Cellphone Store
- Target Fire Interrupts Holiday Shopping
- JK Rowling Opens up about Snape
- Accused Teacher Resigns
- Grant Helps Historic IC Home
- White House Fence Jumper Arrested
- Golden Girls Granny Panties a Hit
- Shoppers Start Early on Thanksgiving
- Runners Celebrate Turkey Trot
- UI and "The Big Bang Theory"
- Hot Holiday Tech
- Delivering Thanksgiving
- Man Charged with Early Morning Fire
- Man Arrested in IC Thefts
- Pope Speaks Out For Climate Talks
- Judge: Throw out Medicaid Contract
- Cameron: UK Must Attack IS in Syria
- Drunken Boating Arrests Down in MO
- Britain: No Military Action against Assad
- Therapy Horse Found
- Tight Security at Thanksgiving Day Parade
- LIST: Restaurants Open on Thanksgiving
- Man Sends Doughnuts to Cops
- Sheriff's Sign Stirs Controversy
American Allegedly Killed by ISIS
Updated: Friday, September 19 2014, 10:59 AM CDT
BAGHDAD, IRAQ (CBS2/FOX28) - The family of an American photojournalist says their son was murdered by Islamic militants but U.S. officials are still working to figure out if the video showing the murder is real.
ISIS militants released the video Tuesday that allegedly shows the beheading of James Foley.
In the video Foley reads what appears to be a prepared statement calling for the end to U.S. airstrikes in Iraq.
He went missing in Syria two years ago while working for the Global Post.
In a statement released on Facebook, Foley’s mother mourned her son's loss, and called on kidnappers to spare the lives of remaining hostages.
Officials are now taking a close look at the video before they confirm the journalist was killed.
The president says he is being given constant updates.
ISIS claims to be holding another American journalist and has threatened to kill him if the United States continues military strikes in Iraq.