In The Kitchen
- Summertime Melons
- Fish Oils
- Father's Day Ideas
- Kick off to Dairy Month
- Watermelon Keg
- Build a Better Burger
- Mother's Day Delights
- Seafood Sensations
- Around the World in the Aisles
- NUTritional Snacks
- April Food's Day
- Easter Brunch
- "Munch Madness"
- It's 5 o'clock...what's for dinner?
- Carrots Cousin
- Reduce Your Sodium
- Tropical Fruits
- Lean Beef to Lower Cholesterol?
- Frozen Fruits and Vegetables
- Step Up Your Game with Super Edible Bowls
- Foods and Drinks to Rev You Up
- Blue Zones: Power 9 Principles
- Live Healthy America in Iowa!
- Ringing in the New Year
- Stuff Your Stockings in Good Taste
- Festive & Flavorful Holiday Appetizers
- Holiday Brunch
- Hectic Holiday Snacking
- Thanksgiving Preparations
- More Fruits and Veggies Please
- Popcorn: A PoppinÃ¢ÂÂ Good Snack
- Pumpkin Fun
- Halloween Fun
- Pizza Night
- Plate Size
- Tailgate with Pork
- Family Dinners
- Steel Cut Oats
- Caesar Salad
Stuff Your Stockings in Good Taste
Updated: Friday, May 10 2013, 09:23 AM CDT
our Hy-Vee registered dietitian offers last-minute suggestions to stuff their stockings in good health & great taste:
1. For the young cook: a variety of clever, kid-sized kitchen tools
can be found in the general merchandise section of your Hy-Vee store.
Right-sized, fun tools inspire young cooks to develop cooking skills.
2. For the grown-up foodie: a quality cheese slicer, such as Boska
cheese slicer found in your Hy-Vee specialty cheese department. A
quality cheese tool allows you to slice perfectly thin slices of cheese
for maximum flavor & extends the number of servings
you can slice from a wedge of cheese. Pair with the wine of your choice.
3. For kids of all ages: balance out the candy & treats
typically included in a stocking with healthier-for-you items from your
Hy-Vee Health Market, such as: Kind Fruit & Nut Bars, Erin Baker’s
Breakfast Cookies and Horizon shelf-stable organic milk boxes.
Pair with fresh fruits & enjoy breakfast…straight from your