EntreFEST ticket sales closing today
IOWA CITY, Iowa (CBJ) —
Today is the last day to purchase tickets to EntreFEST, the state's largest gathering for entrepreneurship and innovation, set to take place May 4-5 in downtown Iowa City.
Neil Blumenthal, co-founder and co-CEO of Warby Parker, will keynote the festival this year. Warby Parker is an online eyewear retailer founded in 2010 on the principle of offering designer eyewear at a competitive price. The company has expanded rapidly in the past seven years with annual revenues topping $100 million and 50 brick-and-mortar locations across the United States
In addition to Mr. Blumenthal, seven other nationally recognized business and marketing experts will present at EntreFEST, including:
• Keith Adams, a native Iowan who led the Xbox Innovation & Experimentation Platform for Microsoft, who specializes in artificial intelligence, strategy and new product development
• Jim Benson, author and CEO of Modus Cooperandi, where he helps companies and government agencies solve management, innovation and efficiency problems
• Elizabeth Caven, founder of Des Moines-based UpCraft Club, an online marketplace changing the crafting industry through technology
• Nick Saddock, an operations and engineering expert currently supporting Google's Iowa data centers
• Paul Singh, an entrepreneur, speaker and investor of Results Junkies, a project operating at the intersection of travel, photography, tech startups and venture capital
• Freda Sojka, founder and CEO and founder of Simply Soothing, a family business in Columbus Junction
• Alicia Syrett, founder and CEO of Pantegrion Capital, an angel investment vehicle focused on seed and early stage investments
EntreFEST expects to bring more than 700 attendees to downtown Iowa City over the course of the two-day event. The festival is being co-produced by the Cedar Rapids Metro Economic Alliance and the New Bohemian Innovation Collaborative (NewBoCo).
For more information or to purchase tickets, visit the EntreFEST website.